The Charming Cotswolds
Welcome to our tour of Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon.
As you ride through the leafy suburbs of the residential part of the city you are heading towards the atmospheric Our local friendly and experienced guides will be on hand to escort you through the best of what this wonderful part of England has to offer.
From stunning views to historic buildings we will cycle our way through these enchanting sights with stops for lunch and refreshments from delightful country Inns and wonderful local produce.
This luxury holiday is available as a 3,4,5,6 or 7 day trip.
Available as guided or self guided includes accommodation & luggage transfers.
All of our cycling holidays are available as a dog friendly holiday.Show less
Tour Length- 70 to 170 miles / 112 to 273 km
Difficulty – Easy / Medium
Tour Duration – 3 days – 7 days
Suitability – Touring, Electirc and Tandem Bikes
Guided – Available guided or self-guided
To view a full route description and itinerary please download our brochure.
Wide open English Countryside
- Escape into the rural countryside
- Ride alongside historic waterways
- Experience local wildlife first-hand
- Enjoy scenic routes, both on road and gravel paths
- Ride through the Cotswold lavender fields
Vibrant towns and villages
- Explore the city of Oxford
- Thatch lined cottages
- Stay in the ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’
- Visit Tudor built town houses
- Enjoy tasty local produce
Historic points of interest
- Visit the famous Bodleian Library
- Historic Oxford University
- Visit historic 11th century taverns
- See Shakespeare’s birthplace
- Climb Broadway Tower
- All accommodation booked
- Bikes – standard or electric
- Bicycle equipment – Pannier bags, rack pack, map holder, water bottle holder, cycle computers, basic tool kits
- Bike fitting – we set up the bikes for you, adjusting the handlebars and saddles accordingly
- Travel guide – packed with details about all points of interests visited on your trip
- Route Guide – never get lost with our detailed route
- Plotted details maps – detailed ordnance survey maps provided
- Personal recommendations for lunch, dinner, drinks and snack stops
- Door to door luggage transfers
- Travel pack – waiting in your room on first nights arrival detailing your holiday
How fit will I need to be?
The holiday routes are designed to help explore the area and you don’t need to be a super fit athlete to enjoy the ride! These are family friendly routes
Is this tour suitable for children?
This really depends on your child; you will know the answer to this better than we do. The routes are family friendly, but you will need to pedal during the day.
What if we break down?
We supply basic breakdown kit tools to help you get back on the road, but we will of course come and see you if you get stuck and need help.
How does luggage transfer work?
We collect your bags from the hotel and move them to your next accommodation. Where possible we take your bags into your rooms.
What meals are included?
Breakfast is included each day with your accommodation. You will have the option of a full English (cooked breakfast) or cereals and pastries.
Where will I stay?
In carefully selected accommodation on the route, all booked in advance by us. We will confirm accommodation with you prior to your arrival. Expect a mix of luxury and comfort.
Will anyone from your team meet me?
100% we will meet you on the day you start your tour and will try to meet you each day to collect your luggage. We also like to call the hotels each night to ensure you have arrived safely and check if there is anything we can help with.
What is the cancellation policy?
This depends on the hotels, normally a full deposit can be refunded if you cancel 2 weeks prior to the start date. This will be confirmed at the point of booking.
Bikes and Equipment
We use high quality bikes for our excursions, with both standard or electric bikes available. All bikes are fully serviced and set up for your safety and comfort. Water bottle holders, speed / distance computers, map holders, rear pannier bags are supplied as standard as well as touring pack to help carry small items of luggage or shopping picked up along the way.